Making A Complaint
English Rural is committed to providing quality services and support to all residents. If you are not entirely satisfied with our services, a robust Complaints Policy is in operation to help resolve any concerns you may have.
A simplified summary of our complaints policy is outlined below. However, please consult the full complaints policy (which can be found here) for more detailed information:
- A Complaint is when a complainant tells the association that they are dissatisfied with a service we have provided, or have provided on behalf of others, or the way in which a member of our staff/Board of Management has conducted themselves
- The Association will accept complaints made in any format, including letters, emails, fax, phone or personal contact.
- We will handle complaints about neighbour nuisance and anti-social behaviour in line with our Anti-Social Behaviour policies and procedures
- Complaints must be raised within a reasonable time scale
- It is the Association’s aim to respond to and resolve complaints as quickly as possible
- Our target time for responding to each stage of the complaints procedure is 21 days
- All complaints received by the Association will be logged in and monitored via a Complaints Register held by the Association
- Should the Association be unable to resolve a complaint and the complainant appeals against the decision reached then a Complaints Panel will be assembled to review the case and make a final judgment
- Complaints about Board Members of the Association will be dealt with by a complaints panel in the first instance
- If it is impossible to reach an acceptable conclusion with a member of staff or a neighbour, mediation may be offered as a means of resolving an impasse
- If a complainant is still dissatisfied, having exhausted the Association’s complaint procedure, they can refer the matter in the first instance to either an approved tenants’ panel; a local councillor or an MP
Please find below a link to our latest self-assessment against the Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code:
Complaint Handling Code Self Assessment (pdf)