Property Insurance

If you are buying a brand new home, it is possible that some of the repairs may be covered by the Building Guarantee taken out by the original developer, where the repair is as a result of a building defect.  For further details shared owners should refer to the Building Guarantee booklet provided with the property manual or households that rent a home from English Rural should contact repairs to discuss.

English Rural also insures all of the buildings in which we have an interest, this includes both rented and shared ownership homes.  The cost of this for shared ownership homes is recovered through annual charges, but for rented homes it is included in your weekly rental payments.

All damage should initially be reported to our repairs team who will be able to offer further advice and pass on details for the dedicated Claims Manager to shared owners.

Are you a Shared Owner wanting to know what’s covered?

Download the Summary of Cover for shared owners (pdf)

Request a call back
Request a call back