Improving or Adapting Your Home

Need to adapt your home?

English Rural understands that residents’ needs change and we are committed to helping those with a disability remain in their home. If you do require any aids or adaptations to your property your request should be made in writing, with the support and recommendation of an Occupational Therapist. A limited budget is available to assist with adaptations in rented properties but funding is often also available through your Local Authority.

Before carrying out any adaptations to your home, written permission must be sought from English Rural. Residents should read our Aids and Adaptation Policy (available here) and then contact our repairs team to find out more, or fill-out the forms on our resident portal (registration required) to apply:

Want to make and pay for improvements to your home?

You may in future wish to make improvements to your home. Any improvement you do make must have written permission from English Rural before any work is undertaken.

Any improvement work must be carried out by a suitably qualified contractor and you must ensure that any appropriate Building Regulations are met. You will become responsible for any future maintenance relating to the improvement you have made and you may be asked to return the property back to its original standard should you choose to move in future.

Unfortunately English Rural cannot permit the erection of conservatories on rented properties.

Skip to content
Request a call back
Request a call back