Launching The English Rural Coronavirus Hardship Fund

English Rural have launched a Hardship Fund especially for residents in need of extra financial help during the coronavirus pandemic.

English Rural’s Chief Executive, Martin Collett, said:

Martin CollettWe understand that the impact coronavirus is putting a financial burden on some of our residents. For many people, work and income has changed overnight. Yet households still have bills to pay and food to put on the table with many left worried about how they will make ends meet.

We want residents experiencing hardship during these challenging times to know that we are committed to doing all we can to help them. We hope that this new Hardship Fund will go some way to help ease the immediate financial pressures faced by residents.

The English Rural Coronavirus Hardship Fund has been financed by allocating income generated through provided third-parties services. Over recent years staff skills and time have been made available to other like-minded housing associations, who have then paid English Rural for our support. The extra income generated has then been invested in services delivered to residents. At this time, we feel that some of the income should be used to support households most in need by funding a one-off payment to eligible residents who are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic.

We realise that not all our residents have access to the internet. If you feel any of your English Rural neighbours would benefit from the Hardship Fund, please let them know.

Please note that this is a discretionary fund for those residents facing extreme financial hardship and not all applications will be successful. Payments are limited to one per household as a one off emergency contribution towards ongoing household expenses.

Click here to read the Hardship Fund Guidance Notes.

Applications for the Hardship Fund have now closed. We have been able to help almost 50 households in significant hardship and we continue to signpost other residents to external agencies who can also offer welfare advice and support.

Skip to content
Request a call back
Request a call back