Keeping homes safe and well maintained
Safety at home
If your property has a gas supply and is rented, English Rural has a legal responsibility to carry out:
- an annual service and safety check to the gas boiler on all rented properties
- an annual check on oil, air source and ground source heating systems to make sure they are safe and operating efficiently
- electrical testing will also be carried out on all rented properties approximately every ten years.
Maintaining your home
We will continue to invest in maintaining the homes that we own. This includes:
- Decorating and renewing any external damage around every five years;
- Improving the efficiency of homes by making sure they are well insulated and using energy efficient products when we install new ones;
- Renewing and upgrading major property elements as they reach the end of their life, such as kitchens, bathrooms, windows and doors.